Job Title: Junior Data Scientist
Department / Location: Commercial: Middleton, Manchester
Reports to: Senior Data Scientist
The purpose of the Junior Data Scientist is to increase market share through the delivery of key analytical and modelling projects that add significant value to the business model. This role will focus on TV advertising analytics. You will be expected to use state of the art technologies, along with your commercial instincts to convert this data into actionable insight, leading to better decision making within the business
Webuyanycar.com, the nation’s favourite car buying service, is one of the most progressive online companies in the UK. They pride themselves on the strength of their commercial team, the quantity and quality of data available and the dynamic test and trial culture that they have cultivated. You will be expected to use state of the art technologies, along with your commercial instincts to convert this data into actionable insight, leading to better decision making within the business.
- Helping to build & implement statistical models to distribute spend across marketing channels and regions to optimise market share
- Helping to build models which explain how non-spend related variables impact on regional market share.
- Using publicly available data to enrich understanding of customer base and the impact this has on regional market shares.
- Identifying opportunities across the business where input from data science could yield significant uplift in purchases.
Key Interfaces & Relationships
You will need to know/ have:
- Highly numerate skill and experience of statistical modelling packages such as Python and R, combined with excellent MS Excel skills.
- Experienced in collecting and cleaning data from multiple sources, with a specific focus on SQL.
- Graduate with a minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in a highly numerate subject. Mathematics/Physics degree would be advantagoues (not essential).
- Previous commercial experience and sound statistical knowledge.
- Previous experience working in a delivery focussed analytical team and strong theoretical background in fields such as predictive modelling and machine learning.
- Able to provide examples of previous work history, achievements and / or results.
You will need to know/have:
- Graduate with a minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in a highly numerate subject. Mathematics/Stats/Physics degree would be advantageous
- Sound statistical knowledge.
- Culture fit is non-negotiable – flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive are a must, together with a natural style that role models our Values
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, be well organised and able to prioritise and plan in a way that mitigates many of the risks that come with doing research and analysing massive quantities of data.
- Enjoy using their skills set to solve problems and likes to implement the solutions and see the real world impact of the decisions they’ve made.
Creative and innovative in approach to all solutions
How to apply
If you feel that you have what it takes, then we want to hear from you!
Click 'Apply Now' and send over your CV and we will get back to you as soon as possible